3.05.2008

The Goslings


Saying that the goslings revel in sludge is somewhat of an understatement; Max and Leslie Soren produce a brain altering static cesspool that threatens the very fabric of society within 3 meters of any performance of their work. Quite a few of their songs approximate what I imagine the lasting din that tears through your mind on the way out of the Black Hole sounds like. That said, it's somewhat hypnotically melodic too. Somehow this Floridian duo has woven the universes harshest elements into a beautiful darkness; smooth as a pebble on the outside and violently chaotic at its center. Seeing them team up with the folks at Not Not Fun seems downright fitting and their latest album Occasion is probably the band's best work since Grandeur of Hair. Do yourself a favor and pick up this brutal gem.

Download:
[MP3] The Goslings - Mandy
[MP3] The Goslings - Vitium

Support the artist. Buy it HERE
Bookmark and Share
posted by dissensous at 9:39:00 AM

4 Comments:

Blogger Al said...

I've tried listening to them a few times, but their music seriously makes me feel physically ill. I guess that's a compliment of sorts, even if I can't listen to them anymore (the same goes for Sunn O))).

11:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice one! Was about to post about this album too, maybe tomorrow. Got it in the mail last week and it has been on constant repeat ever since. Absolutely loving it. Great folks also over at Not Not Fun, great label.

1:46 PM  
Blogger parallelliott said...

i'm with my comrade al on this one.

4:58 PM  
Blogger dissensous said...

A & P: Haha. Well I think that The Goslings might actually take that as a compliment but to each his own. Personally I'm a fan but then again maybe I'm just a masochist.

We must be in sync Bubba, and I totally agree. NNF is one of the best labels going right now!

12:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home